Registration • Course Description • Course Map • Elevation Map • Parking & Busing
Photo ID Required. Bibs will not be mailed to participants. Participants should pick up their bibs at the Expo on Friday, August 2nd or on race day at the registration area (Soledad Mission). Photo ID is required for bib pick-up. Military ID or valid Student ID are required if you register for the Military or Student discounted rates. If you are picking up a bib at the Expo on behalf of someone else, you must have a written note from them along with a copy of their photo ID. We recommend that you pick up your bib at the Expo to save time on race morning and ensure you’re ready to run at 8:00 AM.
There will be a sweats drop-off area at the Soledad Mission and a truck will transport sweats bags to the finish for you to pick up. You may use the goody bag you pick up at the Expo, or additional bags will be available at the drop-off. Write your bib number on the bag.
The awards ceremony will occur in phases, beginning at 10:00 AM for the fastest finishers, and continuing throughout the Finish Festival as complete results for each age category are available. The top male and female overall winners and the top three finishers in each of the following age categories will be recognized with trophies: 12-15 / 16-20 / 21-24 / 25-29 / 30-34 / 35-39 / 40-44 / 45-49 / 50-54 / 55-59 / 60-64 / 65-69 / 70-74 / 75+. All finishers receive a medal. The team with the most registered members participating will be recognized with a special gift.
- Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. Due to liability issues, transferring of bibs is strictly prohibited. Any participant caught doing so will face an automatic disqualification and may be banned from future events. Please don’t put us in that position.
- Because the course is on roads through agricultural land, for food safety reasons, no pets will be allowed anywhere at the race (start line, along the course or finish festival.)
- Wheels of any kind are prohibited including but not limited to: wheelchairs, baby joggers, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates and roller blades.
- Entry is limited to those ages 12 and over. It is strongly recommended that a parent or guardian run/walk along with inexperienced minors throughout the race.
- A finishing time limit of 4 hours will be enforced.
- Entry is limited to the first 2,000 registered participants.
Additional donations to the Salinas Valley Half Marathon help benefit the Salinas Valley by promoting health and wellness in the community. Salinas Valley Half Marathon is a 501c3 charitable organization.
Friday, August 2, 2013 | 2 to 7 PM
Bib Pick-up & Expo: Runners will pick up bibs, shirts and goodie bags. Health & Fitness Expo features vendor and sponsor booths, healthy food and beverage sampling, Salinas Valley Half Marathon merchandise for sale, fitness demonstrations and race information. Location will be announced.
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Busing to Race Start: The race committee is revamping parking and busing logistics. Details of the new parking and busing plan will be announced when available. Please check back here, and watch our Facebook and Twitter pages for announcements. Email updates will be sent to registered participants so you don’t miss a thing.
Race-Day Bib Pickup: 6:30 AM, Soledad Mission 36641 Fort Romie Road, Soledad, CA
Sweats Bags: There will be a sweats drop-off area at the Soledad Mission and a truck will transport sweats bags to the finish for you to pick up. You may use the goody bag you pick up at the Expo, or additional bags will be available at the drop-off. Write your bib number on the bag.
Race Start Time: 8:00 AM
Start Location: Soledad Mission, 36641 Fort Romie Road, Soledad, CA
Finish Location: Pessagno Winery, 1645 River Road, Salinas, CA
Finish Time: A finishing time limit of 4 hours will be enforced, and the course will be cleared at noon.